Wednesday, January 1, 2003

Step 3

1. Read pages 60 – 64 in the AA Big Book. Highlight the places in the book where you find important concepts:

Self Will - “…any life run on self-will can hardly be a success.”
Selfishness and Self-Centeredeness - “Selfishness, self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles.”
God's Will - "Being convinced, we were at Step Three, which is that we turn our will and our life over to God as we understood Him.” " When we sincerely took such a position, all sorts of remarkable things followed."
The Decision - “We think well before taking this step making sure we were ready; that we can at last abandon ourselves utterly to Him.”

2. Say the Third Step Prayer:

Third Step Prayer
God, I offer myself to Thee to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love and Thy Way of life,
May I do Thy will always! Amen

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~