Wednesday, January 1, 2003

Morning Prayer

Thank you God for this day.

Thank You for a good night sleep, for willingness, for sobriety, and for my spiritual awakening which continues to unfold.

Lord, as I begin this day, I offer You my inner most self that You would form me according to Your will. I offer You my intellect, instinct, and intuition, my heart, mind, and soul that I may be freed from the bondage of self.

I ask that You divorce my thinking from skepticism, doubt, confusion, rationalization, and digressive questioning.

God please help me to have good working mental faculties. Help me to think clearly, honestly, and objectively.  Help me with clarity of focus, resolute concentration, and effective memorization and recall.

I pray that I would use my mental faculties to grow in belief, trust, reliance, and faith, to grow closer to you not away from you.

God please help me to control my feelings.  I ask that You temper my emotions, govern my instincts, and restrain the arousal of my senses to a sane level.   I pray especially for help with anger, fear, pride, and lust.  Let not my lower self impair my thinking, distort my perception, misguide my values, or drive me blindly.

Lord, please form my passions to find joy in the simple things in life and especially in doing Your will. Show me the way of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

God please help me to open my connection with you to illuminate my spirit, to enlighten my judgment, and to fire my imagination. Please guide me with your inspiration and intuitive thoughts and guide me in the decisions that I must make today. Show me Lord what I can do today to be of maximum effectiveness for you and for the people about me and show me what I can do today for the man who is still sick.

I pray Lord to keep my house in order today, Amen.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~