Wednesday, January 1, 2003

Step 4

1. Read pages 63 – 71 in the AA Big Book.  Highlight the places in the book where you find important concepts:

Resentment - “Resentment is the "number one" offender; resentment is infinitely grave.”
Self – “We asked ourselves why we were angry. In most cases it was found that our self-esteem, our pocketbooks, our ambitions, our personal relationships, (including sex) were hurt or threatened.”
Spiritual Sickness – “for we have been not only mentally and physically ill, we have been spiritually sick.”
Others – “We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend.”
Fear - “We review our fears thoroughly; It was an evil and corroding thread.”
Sex Ideal - “We try to shape a sane and sound ideal for our future sex life.”

2. Write a list of persons, institutions or principles with whom you are angry; complete the resentment inventory with sponsor.
3. Write a list of fears; complete the fears inventory with sponsor.
4. Write a list of sex conduct, review it with sponsor.

Fourth Step Prayer

Dear God,
It is I who have made my life a mess.
I have done it, but I cannot undo it.
My mistakes are mine, and I will begin a
searching and fearless moral inventory.
I will write down my wrongs,
but I will also include that which is good.
I pray for the strength to complete the task.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~