Wednesday, January 1, 2003

Morning Prayers

Thank you God...
For good sleep, renewed life, and for a new experience today.
Thank you for keeping me clean and sober and giving me willingness.


Lord,
as I begin this day I offer you my heart, mind, and soul that you would form my core motives according to your will.
Please direct my thinking that my reason will lead me to grow in belief and trust in you and not in doubt so that I might be a better demonstration of your grace.
Please govern my feelings so that my instincts, emotions, and desires will not separate me from you but would motivate me by your love.
Please guide me with your inspiration and intuitive thoughts that I might grow in understanding and effectiveness and in the decisions that I must make today.

Please show me throughout the day what the next right thought or action is.
Please show me what I can do today for the man who is still sick.
Please show me what your will for me today is.

Amen




Thank you God for this day...

Thank You for a good night sleep, for willingness, for sobriety, and for my spiritual awakening which continues to unfold.

Lord, as I begin this day I offer You my inner most self that You would form my will to align with Yours. I offer You my intellect, instinct, and intuition, my heart mind and soul that I be free from the bondage of self.

God please help me to think clearly, honestly, and objectively, that I will grow in belief, reliance, and trust.  I pray that my thinking will not lead me into doubt, skepticism, or rationalization.  Help me Lord to use my powers of reason to grow closer to you not away from you. 

God please help me to control my emotions, motives, and values that they would not run riot and drive me blindly.  I pray especially to temper my anger, fear, and lust.  Help me Lord to use my passions to grow closer to You and to the people about me and not to separate us.  Please show me the way of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love. 

God please help me to open my connection with you to illuminate my spirit, to enlighten my judgment, and to fire my imagination.  Please guide me with your inspiration and intuitive thoughts and guide me in the decisions that I must make today.  Show me Lord what I can do today to be of maximum effectiveness for you and for the people about me and show me what I can do today for the man who is still sick.

I pray Lord to keep my house in order today, Amen.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~