Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This morning was very busy at work, I had to persevere with endurance even thought I was weak.

Today at lunch I had to make the meeting, I had to do it without fear that I would be late.

This afternoon I made a mistake, I had to turn away from regret.

This evening I had to make a difficult decision that did not make me popular, I had to remember that God knows my heart and He is The Only One that matters.

At the meeting today the topic was step 4 from the 12 and 12. The focus was on the the part where we see the "self" the basic instinct that is disordered.

Lately I've been thinking about the 4th step process. I feel that the most important thing that I learned was the process not so much all my wrongs and my parts and mistakes.

Learning the process was like learning to fish, with that I could feed myself the rest of my life.

I've got to find a good way to teach this. There must be a way to form an outline of the process in a few good points.

The inventory is the process by which we deconstruct our erratic emotions.

The first main goal is to root out the parts of self that we are hurt or threatened. Then we learn to rely on God instead of self.

The second process is to see that We were sick and to see that other people are sick too. Then we learn to forgive instead of resent.

The third process is to see that we did some things wrong. Then we learn to do better and amend.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~