Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vision of the Being

Today I tried to visualize a model of the innermost self. I recently realized that I have always had a scope of understanding limited to the intellect and instinct. These parts of a human are the biological and programmatic. In short they are the scope of the human animal.

I had never considered another component that forms the person. I never considered the spiritual being. This is the ontological aspect that puts the "being" into the human being.

The model that came to mind is mind, body, spirit. But in this modality the "body" is not the structure of physical organs that keep the brain alive, but rather this is the physiological aspect of the thought life.

Mind - Intellect, reason, computational thinking.
Body - Instincts, emotions, desires.
Spirit - Consciousness, connection to others, connection to Source.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~