Monday, February 25, 2008

What Happened?

"What happened to me"? How many times I found myself asking this question. Then I would focus on what happened looking for the key to solve the problem. Bu there was never a solution to be found, only causes for misery.

Later I found the key to solve the problem but I did not like it. This was the idea of a chronic, fatal, progressive disease that meant abstinence would be required.

Later I found that solving the spiritual malady was important but that the trauma of the past was not a requirement to have a spiritual malady. That some people who have childhood trauma and deprivation avoid a lifelong spiritual malady and some who have perfect childhood formation acquire a spiritual malady.

The only common factor is a separation from Source.

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~