Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Second Step Proposition

When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crises we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is or He isn't. What was our choice to be?

Crushed by a self-imposed crisis
When I hit bottom, ran out of options and admitted I was powerless
When I clung to my character defects and relapsed
When I experience unmanageability in sobriety

God is everything or else He is nothing
I had to find enough trust to place my will in his hands
I had to face the fear of giving up things I didn’t want to let go
I must continue to be willing to let him have ALL of me

God either is or He isn't
I had to set aside my doubts and fears and take a leap of faith
I had to set aside my doubts and fears and take a leap of faith
I had to set aside my doubts and fears and take a leap of faith

Mission

This is a blog about one man's experiences in 12 step recovery and the spiritual life. ~